Richard E. Palumbo, Jr., Esq., is a lifelong resident of Rhode Island. Richard was in business for nearly 20 years before becoming an attorney. He brings his experience as a contractor, insurance adjuster, businessman, property owner and landlord to his legal practice. This real-world experience helps him understand what his clients are up against and gives him further insight into solving their problems.
Richard uses his past experience to assertively, effectively, and efficiently represent his clients. His past business experience includes all aspects of construction; insurance restoration and adjusting, environmental related manufacturing and remedial services, insurance adjusting, buying and selling real estate, managing all types of multi-family and commercial real estate, green and sustainable housing and for-profit and non-profit developments.
Richard completed his undergraduate education at the University of Rhode Island and law school at the Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law.
As an Attorney, Richard uses his combined business and legal training of nearly 40 years to serve his clients. Richard’s practice is primarily focused on fire loss, water and property damage claim adjusting, settlement, appraisal and litigation; all aspects of condominium law; residential and commercial real estate closings (from simple to complex) and leasing and business law.
Richard and his legal team regularly makes property insurance companies reverse their wrongful denial of fire losses, water claim, mold damage and other property damage claims and secures coverage for otherwise denied insurance claims. He uses his nearly 40 years experience in law and the insurance industry to make the property insurance companies pay the maximum amount for fire losses, water claim, mold damage and other property damage claims. Richard has represented some of the largest developers in the north east and has drafted condominium documents creating thousands of condominium units. He has represented hundreds of condominium associations and regularly collects condominium fees without any cost to the condominium association. Richard and his closing team closing all types of real estate including residential homes, condominium units, commercial properties, industrial properties, solar farms, wind turbines, gas stations and more. He also drafts residential and commercial leases and regularly represents buyers and sellers of businesses.
- Avvo Top Attorney – Avvo Rating 9.9
- The Business Lawyers – The Nation’s Leading Business Attorneys (RI Recommended Invitee 2020)
- U.S. News Lawyer Directory powered by Best Lawyers (2020)
- Distinguished Justice Advocates (Formal Charter Member Invitee 2019)
- Martindale Hubbell Platinum Client Champion (2019, 2018)
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Rated (2019, 2018)
- America’s Top 100 Attorneys – Lifetime Achievement Award (Invitee 2019, 2018, 2017)
- Premier Litigation Lawyer (Invitee 2019, 2018)
- Business Elite Awards – US Business News (Nominee 2019)
- Lawyers of Distinction (Nominee 2019, 2018)
- Premier Corporate Lawyers (Nominee 2019)
- Finance Monthly Magazine – Legal Awards – Landlord and Tenant Lawyer of the Year (Nominee 2019)
- Who’s Who in America (Nominee 2019, 2018, 2017)
- The National Law Journal (Nominee 2019)
- The U.S. Institute of Trade & Commerce – Excellence Award (Nominee 2018)
- Top Lawyers in Rhode Island (2019, 2018)
- America’s Registry (Invitee 2019, 2018, 2017)
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars