The seasoned attorneys of Palumbo Law represent Connecticut businesses and individuals across a wide range of practice areas. Our firm handles both transactional and litigation matters with a commitment to developing results-oriented solutions. With every client we retain, our firm brings exceptional talent and dedicated advocacy to bear. If you have a business, real estate, probate, or estate administration need in Connecticut, reach out to Palumbo Law.
Business Law In Connecticut
Our clients include everyone from new businesses and entrepreneurs to established corporations and business investors. We provide the following services, among others:
- Start-ups. If you’re just beginning a company, you’ll need to lay the proper foundation for business success and avoidance of any legal issues. Our firm can assist with obtaining the licenses or permits you’ll need to operate, insurance (including general liability and workers’ compensation), setting you up for tax withholding for your employees, and much more.
- Business entity choice and formation. One of the most important first decisions you’ll have to make for your new business is how it will be organized. Some of the most common business entities include corporation, limited liability company, and partnership. Each of these has its own advantages and disadvantages regarding taxes, personal liability, and control of the company.
- Business operation, compliance, and regulation. Depending on what type of business you have, it may be subject to a number of local, state, or federal laws and regulations. We can guide you through these rules and make sure your business stays compliant. We can also assist with operational issues that affect your company on a daily basis, such as the drafting and use of contracts.
- Buying and selling businesses. Whether you’re in the market to purchase or sell your company, our firm takes care of everything from due diligence and negotiating offers to the purchase and sale agreement and closing the deal. We also handle legal issues that may arise along the way such as the need to terminate employees or secure licenses and intellectual property rights.
- Business litigation. In the event you find your company targeted by a lawsuit, or you need to initiate one yourself, count on us. We represent both plaintiffs and defendants in a wide array of business litigation, including lawsuits involving breach of contract, employment law, and more. Where possible, we work to settle cases using out-of-court methods such as alternative dispute resolution.
Real Estate In Connecticut
Owners, investors, lenders, landlords, and other real estate parties rely on Palumbo Law to assist with their legal matters. These are a few issues we can help with
- Condominium law. This area of law encompasses everything from buying and selling condominiums to managing and operating them. We represent condominium associations to resolve common issues such as violations of rules and bylaws, construction defects, and housing discrimination.
- Evictions. Our firm represents landlords in evictions. We coordinate all legal proceedings related to evictions such as court filings, service of required paperwork, and appearances in court. We also help execute the eviction by having the tenant removed. Throughout the process, we ensure compliance with the law.
- Mortgage foreclosures. Foreclosing on a mortgage is a time-consuming process that demands patience and a thorough understanding of the law. Our firm represents lenders from the initial notice of default to post-foreclosure and post-sale matters. We handle residential and commercial foreclosures.
- Real estate closings. Closing on a piece of real estate is complex, which is why we assist with the process for both residential and commercial transactions. Our firm can handle all aspects including preparation and recording of all necessary documents, financing, title insurance, and representing clients at closing.
- Buying and selling real estate. If you’re in the market to buy or sell real estate, your main priority is receiving the best possible deal. Included in this process is everything from securing lending to conducting a title search. Let us help you each step of the way.
- Fire, water, and property insurance disputes. A major part of owning real estate is having property insurance. But that doesn’t mean the insurer will act in good faith in the event of a loss. We work to hold insurers accountable by compelling them to pay fairly and timely on claims.
- Real estate litigation. When the above-listed matters cannot be resolved outside of court, we take them in front of a jury. Regardless of the nature of your dispute, our comprehensive litigation services have you covered.
Probate And Estate Administration In Connecticut
In most cases, estates must be probated after a loved one passes away. Our Probate and Estate Administration practice represents clients in such matters as:
- Probate of wills and estate administration. This area includes a number of critical steps such as filing a petition for probate, notifying heirs, appointing an executor (if there’s a will) or estate administrator (if there’s not), conducting an inventory and appraisal, paying creditors and debts, distributing assets, and closing probate.
- Probate and estate litigation. Heirs often seek legal recourse if they believe a will is invalid or they should have received more from an estate. Executors and estate administrators are sometimes named as defendants in such lawsuits. Let our firm represent you from start to finish in your litigation matter.
- Trust administration. Trustees are responsible for administering trusts in accordance with their terms and the law. As fiduciaries, they face heightened scrutiny and are often the target of lawsuits alleging anything from self-dealing to mismanagement of funds. We help trustees understand and carry out their duties.
- Trust litigation. In the event of a lawsuit, we can represent a trustee in legal proceedings. We understand the laws surrounding estates and trusts and are ready to go to work for your best interests.
Contact Our Connecticut Business, Real Estate, And Probate & Estate Administration Attorneys
Regardless of whether you require ongoing counsel or you have an urgent need for legal representation, our lawyers are ready to serve you. Find out why so many Connecticut businesses, investors, and individuals retain Palumbo Law. Contact us today to learn more.